Clinics and Seminars
Boating Clinics for Fall-Winter-Spring 2023-2024
America’s Boating Club of the North Olympic Peninsula in partnership with Port Angeles Yacht Club is presenting a series of 2 hour classes on topics of interest to recreational sailors, boaters and fishing enthusiasts.
These FREE classes will be the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 am to 12:00.
Location: Port Angeles Yacht Club, 1305 Marine Drive, just west of Port Angeles Boat Haven.
GPS and AIS
- Saturday November 4.
- Where am I and where are you?
- A history and description of these two technologies which are especially important to mariners.
Chart Plotting on the cheap
- Saturday December 2.
- A discussion of computer, tablet and cell phone chart plotter software.
- OpenCPN will be described and information on how to download, install and use it to find your way on the water.
Crossing borders and extended Cruising
- Saturday January 6.
- Latest information about requirements for cruising into Canada and returning to the USA.
- This session will touch on topics about where to go and how to get there, and how to prepare for extended times on your boat.
Communications Systems and Antenna considerations
- Saturday February 3.
Fishing for Cruisers
- Saturday March 2.
- Types of gear needed, license requirements and techniques for catching your dinner.
Food for Cruisers
- Saturday April 6.
- Now that you’ve caught that fish, how do you prepare it and serve it to keep your crew happy.
- Tips on shopping, storing, preparing food for your cruise.
- Saturday May 4.
- Anchoring, docking, avoiding trouble.
- It will either be a good experience or a good story!